Thursday, October 20, 2005

Where'd the time go?

Holy smokes!  It’s been nearly a month since I’ve written anything here.  I guess that’s not such a good way to build up readership, eh?

In my (rather pathetic) defense, things have been rather crazy around the Cree Casa.  We had a major computer failure which necessitated replacing old faithful finally.  I kept her going for over 7 years, which in computer terms made it a dinosaur.  And of course when the computer finally did give out, I had to replace it now, to keep Gorgeous’ business flowing, so all my research and planning into what computer I wanted kind of went out the window.  

I had to find a computer that fit my budget and was immediately available.  And somehow you can’t just buy the machine, bring it home, plug it in, turn it on and be right where you left off.  I had to figure out how to salvage as much of the stuff that Gorgeous needs to keep working from the old machine so we wouldn’t be starting over with so much.

I also discovered that there is a big difference between my needs and my wants.  In computer terms, it’s in the neighborhood of $2,000!  I found a basic machine that meets our needs.  But what I want, oohh booy!

So we had the computer situation going on. Gorgeous is working her business wide open so she has been on the road a bunch.  My work was hot and heavy for a while, but has since calmed some.  Blah, blah, blah.

I’ve had a chance for a deep breath.  Whew!  And now I’m back.  We’ll see where this all goes next…

No comments: