Saturday, March 18, 2006

Fresh Start

OK. Spring is in the air and I’m back. It’s been a long time since I rambled on in here.

I took a break to have a go at being a full up partner with Gorgeous in her business. It didn’t work out so well. Between a full time job with goofy, unpredictable hours (I am in the maritime industry after all), volunteer commitments, and general life stuff that naturally just comes up, throwing in the expectations and time requirements of a partner was just too much. Too much… tension… in the Cree household.

So I will fall back from my spot on the line to a more staff oriented role as far as Gorgeous’ business is concerned. It may be a more active staff role than before. We’ll see.

Another change I am going to make is that I am going to be steering away from politics for the most part. I still have my opinions. As most of you know, my political leanings are still slightly right of Attila the Hun. But debating folks about world politics seems incredibly futile to my way of thinking.

Besides, Gorgeous says it makes me cranky.

She’s probably right. I don’t want to end up like so many older retired guys I know who sit around all day watching CNN and complain about how messed up the country is. What does that accomplish?

Instead I am going to focus these posts on my own direct personal observations on life and the people in it. That means there will probably be more about cats.

It also means you better be nice to me – because I will likely write about you here for both my readers to see. (Hi Mom!)

Well, time for me to go to work.

Enjoy!

No comments: