Monday, April 10, 2006

Chazown is Here!

When I got home from work today there was a nice little box from Amazon.com waiting for me. Now you gotta understand, I’m a bit of a compulsive reader. I tend to read several books simultaneously. I think I drive Gorgeous a bit nuts with all the different books I leave scattered throughout the house. And I haven’t bought a new book for myself in a while. So indulge me as I savor the moment.

The first thing I noticed was that it definitely gets an A+ on the packaging, baby! The book is a soft cover book. But it comes in a semi-clear rigid plastic sleeve kind of like you might see a CD set come in. When I pulled the book out of the sleeve, I noticed that it seemed a little stiff for a soft cover. Turns out that’s because it came with a Limited Edition DVD which “contains 12 inspirational life clips.” That was a nice unexpected bonus, for sure.

The first four pages are packed with recommendations. Of course I read every one, couldn’t help myself. On the second page, I see a paragraph from my own pastor, Greg Surratt.
“Craig Groeschel and Life Church are on the ‘bleeding edge’ of what the church may look like in the not-too-distant future. I love their vision, passion, creativity, and willingness to share what they are learning. Craig is the kind of leader who creates enthusiastic followers of Christ who believe that the only limits are those of vision.”
That sounds like a pretty good endorsement to me.

The subtitle of the book is “A Different Way to See Your Life”. And inside the front cover is the question, “Are you living someone else’s dream for your life, or no dream at all?” Good question.

Now I’m not about the hype. I want substance, especially where books are concerned. I’ll let you if Chazown delivers.

But it may take a while. Flipping through I see there is a ton of questions to answer to get to the root of the unique personal vision for your life. I think I have some work to do.

Enjoy!

Tag:

No comments: