Sunday, April 23, 2006

Encouragement

Dad called yesterday. We had a long talk. He’s my go-to guy on all things computer. I suppose I may put high expectations on him, but he sure does know a lot. He started programming computers back in the days of punch cards. I’m pushing 40 and I grew up with computers in the house since elementary school. By rights I should have gone into the industry somewhere.

But I was a rebellious child. I wanted to do my own thing, which is pretty much how I ended in the maritime industry.

So I pretty much pick Dad’s brain when I have any kind of computer related question. Although I may start tapping into my little brother soon. He’s studying computer science at R.I.T. I use the term little purely in reference to our age difference. We’re within a couple months of being 20 years apart, which is a bit weird I suppose, but the kid is way taller than I am. He’s in that small segment of the human race that actually can make me feel short.

I floated an idea for a new topic oriented blog that I have been kicking around to get Dad's take on it. I nearly didn’t mention it to him. We don’t see eye to eye on the whole religion topic and I’m thinking of writing about a Christian oriented theme.

But I’m glad I did. By the time I finished describing what I had in mind, Dad was telling me that I should get started writing it down because it sounded interesting and that way I could get started gathering material even before I was ready to launch the blog.

Talk about encouraging!

All I can say is Thanks for the thumbs up DAD!

It really means a lot.

Enjoy!

No comments: