Saturday, May 06, 2006

Road Trip!

I’m heading out of town for a couple of days. The bummer is I’ll miss Gorgeous by a few hours since she won’t be home until tonight. {Sigh…}

Anyway, I’m heading out to Charleston for the Coast to Coast Multi-Site Conference. The conference is Monday and Tuesday but I’m going up early for a couple of reasons.

The first is that I’ll get a little extra time to hang out with some of our friends. Gorgeous and I lived up there for a while. If I just drove up Monday it would be all conference and very little hang out time. And I just find it hard to actually consume mass quantities of coffee when I don’t get a little hang out time!

The second reason for going up early is that I’ve offered to help out with the tech team supporting the conference. I’ll be doing basically the same thing up there that I do most weeks down here at our Seacoast campus in Savannah.

But the Long Point campus generally has about 5,000 folks or so on a weekend. We run 175-ish in Savannah. The gear they use up there is just a little different. (Ya think?) And I’d rather not try to work out those differences on the fly during the conference on Monday.

Since I’ll be away for a while and don’t know what kind of computer access I’ll have to post new entries, I thought you might appreciate checking out some folks that I try to keep up with.

Interested in business, blogging, writing, networking, or the internet? Check out Successful Blog. I was a fan of Liz even before she called me an SOB.

Or maybe you’d like a little humor from a stay at home mom with way too much on her plate. If so, be sure to check out HolyMoma! I don’t have kids, but Kelsey’s descriptions of the various ways her kids manage to get messy usually generates a chuckle.

If you are into sci-fi or writing, check out the Writer’s Blog. I just discovered this one, but Jim brings an interesting perspective to the table. And his blog design is killer.

And finally, be sure to check out my buddy David Turner at TURNED OUT. Speaking of great blog design, and I don’t usually go for the black backgrounds! David’s a deep thinker and his words are worth mulling over for a bit before you move on. Be sure to check out his Jump Start posts on Mondays.

That should keep you going until I get back. And who knows, I might even be able to get something out from up there.

Enjoy!

No comments: